Wednesday, May 13, 2020

17. Fool's Fate



I just finished Fool's Fate, and I have to say...whoa!   That one was the culmination of the all the character building and plotting of the previous books in the Realm of the Elderlings.   This one I couldn't put down.  A bunch of loose ends finally come together for a very satisfying conclusion.   I don't want to give anything away, but I was glad to finally read this book in the series.  I know Fool's Assassin picks up the story, but I think I'll rest this series awhile.    One concept that I really enjoyed was questioning was the Fool truly the White Prophet?  Or was he a false prophet?  Who determines what future the world will take?   The Pale Woman's vision for the future is in complete contrast to the Fool's.   But which would be better for mankind?  The Fool claims that dragons are necessary to keep man's domination of nature in balance.   I considered that for some time.   Unfortunately in our own time and world, it seems we are bent on destroying the earth... Robin Hobb's concept of needing another sentient, powerful lifeform in the world to balance our destruction is fascinating.

Overall, I give this last book in the Tawny Man Trilogy a 5...because I did end up buying both the Audible and Kindle versions.  I couldn't stop "reading" even at the dentist.   So the Audible sustained me while the dentist worked on a bad tooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment