Saturday, May 9, 2020

16. Golden Fool


I finished the book 2 of the Tawny Man Trilogy last night.  Things finally started happening in the last few chapters!   The story picks up with Tom Badgerlock tying to build a coterie for Prince Dutiful...but unknown forces and factions conspire against the thrown.    Is there a spy in their midst?   (of course there's a spy...there are always spies EVERYWHERE).   Will Tom Badgerlock finally step into the light as claim his true name and place?  

I give this book a 4/5.  I did buy it on my kindle, but I don't think I need the Audible version as well.   This book seemed to drag a bit until the last few chapters.   Tom struggles with how to parent his young adult son, Hap.    I can relate to his struggles as the parent of teen...sometimes you have to let them flounder and be there to pick up the pieces.   Queen Kettriken combats the extreme prejudice against the Witted, but the prejudice is so deeply rooted she struggles to unite her people.    Prince Dutiful prepares for his betrothal quest.  Tom Badgerlock is torn between friendship and duty.

I will warn you...there is rape mentioned in this book but it's not graphically described.   Also be prepared for a very sudden ending!  I was just really getting into the action and BOOM.   It was the epilogue.   I bet the 3rd book is going to be very exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment