Wednesday, May 6, 2020

11. Fool's Errand


I finally got around to starting the Tawny Man Trilogy.  The Fool's Errand picks up the story of FitzChivalry (or rather Tom Badgerlock) 15 years after the whole dragon and raiders thing.   Fitz longs for a simple life away from the court and its intrigue.  However, that is, of course, not his fate.   Queen Kettricken summoned him back to Buck to look for the wayward Prince Dutiful.  Did Prince Dutiful run or do the enemies of the crown conspire to ransom him for their own advancement?   Will Fitz be able to find the boy and convince him to come back to marry the Out Islander princess to bring peace to the Six Duchies?  

Overall I thought this book moved fairly slowly, but it was still an enjoyable read.  I have to say I'm frustrated and wish Fitz would just come out of hiding.   He's been hiding in all the books, but it seems as if that's not going to happen any time soon.  

I rate it a 3/5.  I'm perfectly content reading the library's book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment